30 May 2011

NYC Dreamin'


Just a week ago, as of this very moment, Dave and I were sitting at La Guardia, waiting for our flight home. Ah, New York! We spent a long weekend visiting Darling Daughter #2 (DD2), Allyson.

Visiting = eating.

The Meatball Shop. Who would have thought - meatballs on a salad!
Aroma. We had a fabulous dinner downstairs, with lots of wine. (Don't miss the restroom down there!)
Tom & Jerry's for a Hendrick's Gin, limeade, and cucumber.
Sweet Grapes for drinks, and then dinner at
The Ten Bells Oh my what a dinner! I'm happy to announce that after many tapas plates, and 4 hours later, we were the last group in the back. (Thanks for the final bottle of wine, Arturo!)
Lombardi's pizza, delivered, so I have to check the address, but oh, my goodness, it was pizza as I remember. What is it that is so special with the sauce? And a terrific meal at a
Chinese Restaurant. (Once again, I need to check my facts.) And what trip can be complete without hot pastrami at
Katz's Deli? "Send a salami to your boy in the army"!

By this time, Dave and I had to slow down a bit and eat more sensibly...protein bars and green tea and then strolling down the ramps at the Guggenheim Museum.



Isn't it great when a weekend can contain so many links?

Allyson and Chris were very obliging hosts, with Ally even being coerced into some modeling for me!


With all of the food, and walking to find the food, there wasn't that much time for LYS spotting. I did get to Purl Soho. It's such a pretty and colorful shop! Then we wandered over to Downtown Yarns where I bought some Malabrigo Lace to make a lovely long vest. Very warm and welcoming shop!


The only glitch came with our return trip. Because of weather around NYC we didn't walk through our front door until 2 am. The older I get, the harder that is to take! I sure hate to admit that, but it's a fact.

I'm now "TNNA minus ten days". It's been a busy week since I got home. There's a lot to write about with this, but it will have to wait for another day!




No comments:

Post a Comment